glibc 2.32 --- Two weeks to ABI freeze. Volunteers for release manager?

Alistair Francis alistair23@gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 16:03:07 GMT 2020

On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 6:12 PM Jim Wilson <jimw@sifive.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 5:02 PM Carlos O'Donell via Libc-alpha
> <libc-alpha@sourceware.org> wrote:
> > The GNU C Library 2.32 release is scheduled for August 1st 2020.
> > The ABI freeze should happen between July 1st 2020.
> > We have 2 more weeks before ABI freeze.
>
> it would be nice to get a decision on the 32-bit RISC-V patches,
> though since this is a new target, I'm not clear on whether this has
> to happen before the ABI freeze or not.

Agreed!

Also, I would like the "Support semctl_syscall() for __TIMESIZE==64"
series (https://patchwork.sourceware.org/project/glibc/list/?series=404)
to be merged as well. It's been waiting for review for a while now.

Alistair