[RFC 0/4] futex2: Add new futex interface

André Almeida andrealmeid@collabora.com
Sat Jun 13 19:25:46 GMT 2020

Hello H.J.,

On 6/12/20 4:35 PM, H.J. Lu wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 12, 2020 at 11:53 AM André Almeida via Libc-alpha
> <libc-alpha@sourceware.org> wrote:
>> - Is expected to have a x32 ABI implementation as well? In the case of
>>   wait and wake, we could use the same as x86_64 ABI. However, for the
>>   waitv (aka wait on multiple futexes) we would need a proper x32 entry
>>   since we are dealing with 32bit pointers.
>
> x32 should be able to use the same i386 compat systcall entry.   Will it be
> problem?

Indeed, you are right. In the last iteration of this work, I had some
problems dealing with x32 ABI, but this new interface doesn't have the
same problem anymore. We can use the same sys_waitv_time64 interface for
both i368 and x32.

> H.J.

Thanks,
André