glibc 2.32 release: Status of 64-bit time_t ?

Alistair Francis alistair23@gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 16:10:09 GMT 2020

On Tue, Jun 30, 2020 at 6:47 PM DJ Delorie via Libc-alpha
<libc-alpha@sourceware.org> wrote:

> "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos@redhat.com> writes:
> > If the 32-bit RISC-V port depends on 64-bit time_t then we'll need
> > to get everything sorted before we can put in the 32-bit RISC-V patches?
>
> It does:
>
> "This is based on the original work from Zong Li [1] and has been
>  updated to use a 64-bit time_t."
>
> https://sourceware.org/pipermail/libc-alpha/2020-June/114675.html

Sorry, I missed this email.

The RV32 port depends on 64-bit time_t. As RV32 only supports 64-bit
time_t (compared to the ARM port which has to support both 32-bit and
64-bit) we have significantly less work required.

Once Adhemerval's semctl patch series goes in everything should be
ready for RV32 support.

Alistair