Upcoming glibc 2.33 freeze in 2 weeks.

Jim Wilson jimw@sifive.com
Mon Dec 28 21:32:01 GMT 2020

On Tue, Dec 22, 2020 at 7:55 AM Carlos O'Donell via Libc-alpha <
libc-alpha@sourceware.org> wrote:

> The next public patch review meeting is on January 4th 2021
> and my focus will be on patches that need review for the
> release.

riscv64-linux has ~50 make check failures using top of tree binutils and
gcc, of which ~30 are ifunc related.  This is because we have upstreamed
the binutils and gcc ifunc support, but the glibc ifunc support isn't in
yet.  Vincent Chen posted the v2 riscv ifunc patches about 2 weeks ago.  It
would be nice to get those in.  With those patches in we have ~20
failures.  Otherwise, we might need workarounds to get below 25 failures.

Jim