[PATCH 06/18] RISC-V: Add path of library directories for the 32-bit
Zong Li
zongbox@gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 09:51:33 GMT 2020
Jim Wilson <jimw@sifive.com> 於 2020年4月3日 週五 上午7:33寫道:
>
> On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 4:05 PM Alistair Francis <alistair23@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Ideally I would prefer to do the same as RV64, it seems simpler. If it
> > is explicitly against the standard though then I think it makes sense
> > to fix it for RV32 now though.
>
> I would prefer to follow the existing scheme also. If you change the
> rv32 glibc paths, then you will also need changes to gcc and binutils
> at least, and maybe also to other stuff, as these paths are already
> hard wired into those tools.
>
> Maybe the FHS can be fixed to allow these paths? If <qual> isn't
> allowed to contain a /, then it seems that debian and ubuntu are
> already violating it with the multiarch support which puts libraries
> in /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ for instance, but maybe they don't care, or
> maybe this non-slash interpretation is wrong. Though researching that
> a bit, I found this
> https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-opersys.html
> which says they follow FHS with exceptions, one of which is to allow multiarch.
>
> Jim
Agree with you. It seems to me that we follow the existing scheme
would be better if we didn't really violate the rule, but I'm not sure
whether the multiarch exception is applicable to our case.
More information about the Libc-alpha
mailing list