Changes to "Contribution Checklist" -- Format of the contribution.

Joseph Myers joseph@codesourcery.com
Wed Mar 13 21:35:00 GMT 2019


On Wed, 13 Mar 2019, Florian Weimer wrote:

> > I think we should remove the existing "Contributed by" statements (that 
> > avoids them appearing in new files people copy from old ones) - but before 
> > removing such a statement we need to make sure the names in question are 
> > properly credited in contrib.texi.
> 
> I don't want to make such changes because as far as I know, for some
> contributors at least, we cannot legally remove them unilaterally
> because these authors have a right to be named as such, something that

What's the basis for such a right to be named in the source file (as 
opposed to in contrib.texi, ChangeLogs, etc.)?

(In UK law, the right to be identified as author of a work does not apply 
to a computer program anyway.)

-- 
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com



More information about the Libc-alpha mailing list