I nominate Florian Weimer for support/ subsystem maintainer.

Siddhesh Poyarekar siddhesh@gotplt.org
Fri Mar 1 16:43:00 GMT 2019


On 01/03/19 8:52 AM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> I nominate Florian Weimer for support/ subsystem maintainer.
> 
> Florian is the original author of the support/ subsystem and continues to
> be one of the major reviewers of the subsystem.
> 
> Florian's leadership in this area makes a great case for having him own
> the subsystem and drive technical and process improvements as needed.
> 
> Any objections?

WHAT?! NO! I OBJECT!!!

On a serious note, it might make sense to automatically consider authors
of subsystems as maintainers of that subsystem.

Siddhesh

PS: The objection was a joke in case that wasn't obvious.  Florian is
the best candidate to be the support/ subsystem maintainer IMO.

PPS: I'm taking myself off the maintainer list for nscd since I haven't
touchaed that code in almost 4 years.  I'll take up tunables
maintainership if nobody objects.



More information about the Libc-alpha mailing list