[PATCH] Remove ioperm etc. support for arm
Florian Weimer
fweimer@redhat.com
Wed Jun 26 15:23:00 GMT 2019
* Phil Blundell:
> On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 03:48:08PM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
>> * Aaro Koskinen:
>> > Just building with -march=armv4t should be enough for a start.
>>
>> This architecture doesn't have its own target triplet, right?
>
> Right. You can configure with "armv4t-unknown-linuxgnueabi" if
> you like but I don't think the glibc configury does anything
> different for "armv4t" than for plain "arm".
>
>> With the patch below, I get this in csu/init-first.os:
>>
>> 00000000 <__libc_init_first>:
>> 0: e12fff1e bx lr
>> 0: R_ARM_V4BX *ABS*
>>
>> But after linking, get this in libc.so.6:
>>
>> 000175a0 <__libc_init_first>:
>> 175a0: e12fff1e bx lr
>>
>> Does this mean I need to pass some other flags as well?
>
> No, that looks about right. ARMv4T does have "bx rN" so it
> is OK for that instruction to be generated. You might be
> thinking of ARMv4, which doesn't have bx at all and needs
> the linker to patch them (gcc passes --fix-v4bx from its
> specs when building for ARMv4) or the "blx" instruction
> which is only in ARMv5T and upwards.
Okay, so the patch is essentially complete?
I don't know if the code generation and relocation differences make this
a viable additional architecture build-only testing. Do you have an
opinion regarding this matter?
Thanks,
Florian
More information about the Libc-alpha
mailing list