pthread_cond_clockwait glibc forwarder (was Re: [RFCv4] Add pthread_cond_timedwaitonclock_np)

Florian Weimer fweimer@redhat.com
Tue Jul 16 11:00:00 GMT 2019


* Mike Crowe:

> I was digging through some old review comments, and came across this. It
> looks like I didn't address it. :( afe4de7d283ebd88157126c5494ce1796194c16e
> added forwarders for __pthread_cond_clockwait and pthread_clock_clockwait
> to glibc:
>
> $ nm /lib64/libc.so.6 |grep _clockwait
> 000000000007f410 t __pthread_cond_clockwait
> 000000000007f410 t pthread_cond_clockwait
>
> Should we remove them now, before they are included in a release and it's
> too late? (I tried removing them from forward.c, pthread-functions.h and
> nptl-init.c and all tests passed on x86_64.)

There's no rush because they aren't part of the ABI due to the missing
nptl/Versions entry.  Therefore, they cannot be used today.  Removing
them is just an optimization.

It's up to Carlos to say whether he wants it in the release.  Posting a
patch should help with that decision (and since there's no ABI list
change involved, the patch can easily be applied after the release if
necessary).

Thanks,
Florian



More information about the Libc-alpha mailing list