LTP highlights and thanks reviewers using Reviewed-by tags, so should we!

Carlos O'Donell carlos@redhat.com
Wed Jan 23 17:41:00 GMT 2019


See here:
https://www.sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2019-01/msg00339.html
~~~
git log 20180926.. | grep -Ei '(reviewed|acked)-by:' | sed 's/.*by: //' | sort | uniq -c | sort -n -r
     86 Cyril Hrubis <chrubis@suse.cz>
     20 Petr Vorel <pvorel@suse.cz>
     13 Li Wang <liwang@redhat.com>
     10 Jan Stancek <jstancek@redhat.com>
      7 Alexey Kodanev <alexey.kodanev@oracle.com>
      4 Xiao Yang <yangx.jy@cn.fujitsu.com>
      3 Richard Palethorpe <rpalethorpe@suse.de>
      1 Steve Muckle <smuckle@google.com>
      1 Richard Palethorpe <rpalethorpe@suse.com>
      1 Jan Kara <jack@suse.cz>
      1 Amir Goldstein <amir73il@gmail.com>
~~~

I just wanted to point out that I think the example below
of highlighting and thanking reviewers is a really great
example of how Reviewed-by: tags in commits helps the
community as a whole and gives thanks to those that are
doing the often thankless task of review :-)

I encourage everyone to review patches, give your Reviewed-by:
and to put the Reviewed-by: tags in your commits when you
receive them. Eventually we'll get our workflow down to the
point where this is easier not to forget.

Thank you!

--
Cheers,
Carlos.



More information about the Libc-alpha mailing list