[PATCH 0/2] openat2: minor uapi cleanups
Aleksa Sarai
cyphar@cyphar.com
Thu Dec 19 13:41:00 GMT 2019
On 2019-12-19, Christian Brauner <christian.brauner@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 09:55:28PM +1100, Aleksa Sarai wrote:
> > While openat2(2) is still not yet in Linus's tree, we can take this
> > opportunity to iron out some small warts that weren't noticed earlier:
> >
> > * A fix was suggested by Florian Weimer, to separate the openat2
> > definitions so glibc can use the header directly. I've put the
> > maintainership under VFS but let me know if you'd prefer it belong
> > ot the fcntl folks.
> >
> > * Having heterogenous field sizes in an extensible struct results in
> > "padding hole" problems when adding new fields (in addition the
> > correct error to use for non-zero padding isn't entirely clear ).
> > The simplest solution is to just copy clone(3)'s model -- always use
> > u64s. It will waste a little more space in the struct, but it
> > removes a possible future headache.
>
> Am I imagining things or did I get the same patch series twice?
Not unless it's a coincidence -- I accidentally ran
% git send-email *.patch [some flags] *.patch
--
Aleksa Sarai
Senior Software Engineer (Containers)
SUSE Linux GmbH
<https://www.cyphar.com/>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 228 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://sourceware.org/pipermail/libc-alpha/attachments/20191219/716d384f/attachment.sig>
More information about the Libc-alpha
mailing list