[PATCH] manual: Document compiler and memory barriers

Rafal Luzynski digitalfreak@lingonborough.com
Tue Dec 17 22:09:00 GMT 2019


12.12.2019 13:41 Florian Weimer <fweimer@redhat.com> wrote:
> 
> * Rafal Luzynski:
> 
> > [...]
> > AFAIK "e.g.," should be "e.g.,@:" to avoid a long space which should
> > normally be used between sentences.
> 
> I think the Texinfo manual is incomplete.  Clearly this does not happen
> for all such periods, only those that are followed by whitespace in some
> sense.  It's not easy to infer this from the Texinfo sources, but I
> think that . ? ! followed by any of " ' ) ] (, possibly with repeats,
> followed by whitespace causes that whitespace to be widened.  So “e.g.,”
> should be fine on its own.

I am not an expert but I was told this here:

https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2017-10/msg01302.html

Also I think I did some tests by that time and indeed there was a difference
in the PDF version.  But maybe my memory is bad.

Regards,

Rafal



More information about the Libc-alpha mailing list