[PATCH] Protect _dl_profile_fixup data-dependency order [BZ #23690]

Tulio Magno Quites Machado Filho tuliom@linux.ibm.com
Fri Sep 21 17:36:00 GMT 2018


Tulio Magno Quites Machado Filho <tuliom@linux.ibm.com> writes:

> Florian Weimer <fweimer@redhat.com> writes:
>
>> * Tulio Magno Quites Machado Filho:
>>
>>> Yes.  There is already something attached to the bug report, but it does
>>> require dozens of threads to reproduce here.
>>> If you're fine with that, I can adapt it.
>>
>> That's okay (depending on the exact value of “dozens” 8-).
>
> I'm using 70, but I believe we should limit this according to the machine.
> I don't think we need to run this test on processors with sequential con

Oops.  I hit send too soon. I meant to say: I don't think we need to run this
test on processors with stronger memory ordering.  Except for the extra time
when testing, I wouldn't hurt, though.

-- 
Tulio Magno



More information about the Libc-alpha mailing list