[rain1@airmail.cc] Delete abortion joke

Siddhesh Poyarekar siddhesh@gotplt.org
Thu May 10 02:57:00 GMT 2018

On 05/10/2018 04:39 AM, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> So let me see if I understand correctly.

You haven't understood it correctly and I am now convinced that it is
because you don't want to.

> Other's claims, also after the fact, that they just refrained from
> voicing their positions because DJ's had already stated his also count.
>
> Ondrej's objection to removing the joke, however, doesn't count unless
> he restates it, because it might have been meant just as a joke, and
> nobody thought of asking him to confirm *before* going ahead and running
> over it.

There is a significant difference in the tones of DJ's email and Ondrej's.

> RMS's objection to removing the joke, written down next to the joke,
> doesn't count, because, well <insert hand-wavy note> and, yeah, we
> it should have, but, but, we didn't, and sorry, it's too late now.

I (and others) already agreed that in hindsight RMS should have been
brought into the loop but you're bringing it up repeatedly giving the
impression that this is still an open issue.

> My and anyone else's unstated objection to removing the joke, that was
> not posted in a hurry because Ondrej's objection already was in effect,
> no, sorry, that doesn't count, because...  we don't want it to either.
>
> Are you not even just a little bit ashamed of displaying such a blatant
> bias?

It does count for a discussion and we can reasonably differ on
interpreting Ondrej's response but it does not give an excuse for that
personal attack.

I have had enough of your repeated slurs.  This is the end of discussion
with you for me.

Siddhesh