[rain1@airmail.cc] Delete abortion joke

Carlos O'Donell carlos@redhat.com
Tue May 8 14:37:00 GMT 2018

On 05/08/2018 08:45 AM, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> On Mai 08 2018, Carlos O'Donell <carlos@redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> As a GNU package maintainer for glibc you have accepted the responsibility
>> to maintain glibc, this includes '5. Recruting Developers', do you believe
>> that this joke helps or hinders recruiting developers?
>
> No.
It was just pointed out to me that the joke has caused at least one user to
be confused enough by it to write to stack overflow as recently as 3 months
ago, and it has been viewed ~200 times.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/48445031/why-would-it-be-illegal-to-inform-about-abort

The linked reddit thread from 7 years ago:
https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/d4783/federal_censorship_regulations_may_restrict/

Shows users do think it's a joke about abortion, rather than strictly about
censorship, and again the joke is seen as low quality.

Carlos.