Legacy _IO_* symbols and Flaot128 transition

Gabriel F. T. Gomes gabrielftg@linux.ibm.com
Fri Jun 29 15:26:00 GMT 2018


On Fri, 29 Jun 2018, Florian Weimer wrote:

>libio exports a bunch of symbols for historic reasons:
>
>_IO_fprintf
>_IO_printf
>_IO_sprintf
>_IO_sscanf
>_IO_vfprintf
>_IO_vfscanf
>_IO_vsprintf
>
>These aren't compat symbols yet, but will not be in installed headers 
>for glibc 2.28.  Zack's cleanup patches only turns _IO_vfscanf into a 
>compat symbol (in “Add __vfscanf_internal and __vfwscanf_internal with 
>flags arguments.”).
>
>I think we should turn all of them into compat symbols and drop their 
>compatibility wrappers from nldbl_nonshared.a, and avoid adding 
>binary128 compatibility wrappers for them.

Should they be turned into compat symbols *because* they won't be
installed headers (and we don't want new user code linking against them)?
Or is there something else to it?

As for binary128 compatibility wrappers for them, I agree (I haven't
created these on my branch, so this should already be in sync with your
suggestions).

>I can work on a patch if that would help.

That would help a lot! :)

Thanks,
Gabriel



More information about the Libc-alpha mailing list