RISC-V glibc port, v5

Palmer Dabbelt palmer@dabbelt.com
Fri Jan 26 17:51:00 GMT 2018


On Fri, 26 Jan 2018 04:08:59 PST (-0800), joseph@codesourcery.com wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Jan 2018, Palmer Dabbelt wrote:
>
>> > And dl-cache.h is missing a definition of add_system_dir.
>>
>> When I looked through that I didn't think we needed one because libraries were
>> always in paths defined by the arch/abi pair.  Our libraries live in
>>  */lib64/lp64d
>>  */lib64/lp64
>>  */lib
>>
>> with only ld.so living in */lib (as ld-linux-*.so).  Looking through the
>> existing codebases it appears that I'm supposed to be adding all the
>> directories in which we could find libraries for any library path argument
>> add_system_dir is given.
>
> Yes.  My reasoning for that would be: generic autoconf-configured (etc.)
> software may only know about using the lib directory, so you want the lib
> directory to be searched regardless of the ABI - but it's also useful to
> be able to e.g. list /usr/local/lib in /etc/ld.so.conf for all
> architectures and have that automatically imply /usr/local/lib64/lp64d
> etc. so that libraries can be found that come from software that does use
> the ABI-specific directories.

OK, that makes sense.  I'm going to add that to our port, just in case anyone 
else ends up coming across this and wondering what it's there for.



More information about the Libc-alpha mailing list