[PATCH v3 01/19] Avoid race conditions when rebuilding librt.so
Zack Weinberg
zackw@panix.com
Sun Jan 7 16:01:00 GMT 2018
On Sun, Jan 7, 2018 at 2:43 AM, Palmer Dabbelt <palmer@dabbelt.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 06 Jan 2018 06:51:20 PST (-0800), zackw@panix.com wrote:
>> I think you should install this patch. Abstractly, "make check" is
>> supposed to work without further ceremony, regardless of whether "make
>> install" has just been run, and this particular missing dependency has
>> bitten me more than once myself.
>
> OK, I just committed it. I've run into a few more of these, but I can't
> promise that I'll have time to fix them all as we're trying to make sure the
> RISC-V port is in good enough shape to land in 2.27.
Right, I didn't mean to imply that I wanted you to fix any more of
these. However, if you do happen to find more and the fixes are as
simple as this one - adding a missing dependency that would have been
present if there were one makefile for the entire source tree - the
patches are pre-approved. In fact, I think they would qualify as
"obvious bugfixes" not requiring review in the first place.
zw
More information about the Libc-alpha
mailing list