RFC: remove the "tile" architecture from glibc

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de
Thu Feb 1 13:33:00 GMT 2018

On 02/01/2018 02:24 PM, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:
> ia64 seems to be in a good shape with only two issues which requires further
> investigation (nptl/tst-cancel21-static and stdlib/tst-makecontext3 and
> for the later I think it is a long-standing issue).

Sounds good :). Then I think I am mostly worried with sparc64. It has
really lots of testsuite failures.

> However the math tests seems to shows a lot of corner cases issues which
> has been fixed in generic implementations. As I commented with Jason Duerstock,
> John Paul Adrian, and James Clarke in a private thread I think easier solution

You can just say Adrian :-).

> for 2.28 is we remove the arch-specific faulty ia64 math implementation and
> use the generic ones. If performance is an issue we reimplement and fixed
> them if it is the case.

Do you think you could whip up a patch that we can apply to the 2.26 package
in Debian? If it's just a matter of disabling ia64-specific code, it shouldn't
be too difficult, should it?

Adrian

--
  .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz