Glibc stable release process (Glibc 2.26.1)
Yann E. MORIN
yann.morin.1998@free.fr
Mon Oct 16 15:55:00 GMT 2017
Hello All! :-)
On 2017-10-16 15:20 +0200, Florian Weimer spake thusly:
> On 10/16/2017 02:48 PM, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> >On Friday 13 October 2017 01:29 AM, Florian Weimer wrote:
> >>If you don't see a problem with that, I'm going to suggest this on a
> >>separate thread (it's too buried here to receive proper attention).
> >
> >This is a good idea in general and a trivial point to add to the release
> >process. Do you intend to propose this as a full replacement for point
> >releases (i.e. never do it) or just an added convenience for those who
> >don't care for point releases or a fallback for when the release manager
> >(or one of the package signers, i.e. Carlos, Joseph, me, etc.) does not
> >want to spend time on a point release?
>
> I think it's a sufficient replacement for point releases, but I suppose
> others will disagree.
Well, I won't re-hash the explanations I expressed, but I'll just state
that a point-release would be better, IMHO. It is not necessary to put
out tarballs, though; a tag would be enough.
I'll be at ELCE in Prague next week, so if anyone goes there, I'd be
happy to talk about this around a ${beverage}. ;-)
Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.
--
.-----------------.--------------------.------------------.--------------------.
| Yann E. MORIN | Real-Time Embedded | /"\ ASCII RIBBON | Erics' conspiracy: |
| +33 662 376 056 | Software Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN | ___ |
| +33 223 225 172 `------------.-------: X AGAINST | \e/ There is no |
| http://ymorin.is-a-geek.org/ | _/*\_ | / \ HTML MAIL | v conspiracy. |
'------------------------------^-------^------------------^--------------------'
More information about the Libc-alpha
mailing list