Documenting the (dynamic) linking rules for symbol versioning
Michael Kerrisk (man-pages)
mtk.manpages@gmail.com
Sat May 13 12:10:00 GMT 2017
Hi Carlos,
On 05/05/2017 09:51 PM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> On 04/19/2017 11:07 AM, Michael Kerrisk (man-pages) wrote:
>> The documentation around symbol versioning as used by the glibc dynamic
>> linker (DL) is currently rather weak, and I'd like to add some pieces to
>> various man pages (ld.so(8), dlsym(3), and possibly others) to improve
>> this situation. Before that though, I'd rather like to check my
>> understanding of the rules.
>
> This is great!
>
> Can I make one simple request?
>
> Please post all of your test case and we help you get them checked into
> glibc's regression testsuite so we don't change any of the behaviour you
> have documented without noticing it.
>
> I'd like us to agree to ensure we cover everything you mention in a
> regression test.
I'm happy to help here, bug do not have a CLA, and do not plan
to get one. But, I can place whatever code might be useful under
a permissive license (assuming that works for you).
Cheers,
Michael
--
Michael Kerrisk
Linux man-pages maintainer; http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/
Linux/UNIX System Programming Training: http://man7.org/training/
More information about the Libc-alpha
mailing list