[PATCH 05/10] Remove __need macros from errno.h (__need_Emath, __need_error_t).

Florian Weimer fweimer@redhat.com
Thu May 11 14:53:00 GMT 2017


On 05/11/2017 04:46 PM, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> None of that answers the immediate question, which is, given that the
> NaCl port*currently in glibc*  can't be built by build-many-glibcs and
> is said to be at least somewhat broken, should it be deleted?

We recently had a discussion about this:

   https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2017-04/msg00238.html

I eventually argued away the need for SOCK_CLOEXEC etc. support, so I 
didn't press the issue at the time.  Feel free to revive the thread.  We 
probably should involve the official stewards before a final decision to 
remove it.

In any case, the conclusion from related issues was that global cleanups 
should not be blocked by non-buildable ports.  NaCl would be reasonably 
easy to fix up by adding an exported definition of __errno_location, so 
that the generic header works again.  But I think the consensus was that 
you don't have to do this if you don't want to.

Thanks,
Florian



More information about the Libc-alpha mailing list