[PATCH] extras: New test/build infrastructure

Florian Weimer fweimer@redhat.com
Fri Nov 25 17:48:00 GMT 2016


On 11/25/2016 06:29 PM, Joseph Myers wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Nov 2016, Florian Weimer wrote:
>
>> I do not propose bulk migration at this point.  Some obscure use cases are not
>> supported by the exported hooks.
>
> I agree with the other comments about naming this something like
> libtest-support.a (and naming headers, directories accordingly).

See my other comments.  It's currently for testing only, but this will 
likely change.

> I think there would be clear advantages to setting things up so that all
> existing tests can use the new code with no changes at all.  That is, make
> test-skeleton.c look more or less like your extras/test-skeleton.c, with
> additional code to handle any missing pieces (e.g.

Can you clarify what the goal is?  If the

#include "../test-skeleton.c"

is at the end, it shall be possible to replace it with

#include <extras/test-skeleton.c>

?  Or do you want me to replace test-skeleton.c with a version which 
already includes <extras/test-skeleton.c>?  (All names subject to revision.)

Thanks,
Florian



More information about the Libc-alpha mailing list