Library directories for tilegx
Chris Metcalf
cmetcalf@mellanox.com
Fri Nov 4 01:01:00 GMT 2016
On 11/3/2016 6:43 PM, Joseph Myers wrote:
> TileGX GCC believes that 64-bit libraries go in lib/ and 32-bit libraries
> and dynamic linker go in lib32/. But the glibc port does not use
> LIBC_SLIBDIR_RTLDDIR in the 32-bit case, meaning that both get installed
> in lib/ and building a biarch GCC blows up (as found when making my
> build-many-glibcs.py script support building all GNU/Linux glibc ABIs).
> What is the correct set of directories to use?
Yes, we discovered much too late that multi-endian systems are basically required to use /lib64 and /lib. Instead, we used /lib for 64-bit and /lib32 for 32-bit.
I will have to go look at exactly how we contrive the 32-bit installation in our commercial build; we do some nasty cross-bootstrapping from x86, which as I'm sure you recall was particularly unpleasant back in the glibc 2.12 days (our current "tip" release for tilegx is still CentOS 6.8). And for my ongoing git testing, I always just test from the build tree, so I never noticed that 32-bit wanted to install natively in /lib.
Thanks for noticing!
--
Chris Metcalf, Mellanox Technologies
http://www.mellanox.com
More information about the Libc-alpha
mailing list