[PATCH] Return proper status from _nss_nis_initgroups_dyn (bug 20262)

Florian Weimer fweimer@redhat.com
Thu Jun 30 11:51:00 GMT 2016


On 06/30/2016 01:48 PM, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Florian Weimer <fweimer@redhat.com> writes:
>
>> On 06/30/2016 12:47 PM, Andreas Schwab wrote:
>>> Florian Weimer <fweimer@redhat.com> writes:
>>>
>>>> The broken status handling only affects this fallback code (group
>>>> enumeration).  Based on how this is called, I do not see any other forms
>>>> of fallback.
>>>
>>> See nss_compat/compat-initgroups.c.
>>
>> Thanks.  Is this just a performance issue, or can it alter results
>> returned to the application (say if the NIS database and local files are
>> inconsistent)?
>
> I'm seeing nscd failing to return the extra groups.

Ah, yes, we have had such a bug report as well (which is why I asked 
about nscd before).

I'm not sure if I said this before, but the patch looks good to me. 
(The truncation issue is separate and should not block this fix.)

Thanks,
Florian



More information about the Libc-alpha mailing list