[PATCH] Use inline syscalls for non-cancellable versions

Joseph Myers joseph@codesourcery.com
Thu May 28 17:36:00 GMT 2015


On Tue, 26 May 2015, Chris Metcalf wrote:

> Perhaps an argument for -Wshadow?  I don't know how terrible
> the fallout of another -W option would be, though :-)  Adding
> -Wshadow to my reduced testcase shows the bug nice and clearly,
> though of course I only thought to check this after I had already
> finished tracking down the bug:

See <https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2014-10/msg00336.html>.  I think 
we should try to find a subset of Roland's changes that don't affect 
stripped installed shared libraries at all, and so are trivially safe to 
go in - then changes that only affect assertion line numbers, then look at 
those with more substantial code generation effects to understand why such 
changes occur.  (Then of course there would be further work to do before 
-Wshadow could be added by default without -Wno-error=shadow.)

-- 
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com



More information about the Libc-alpha mailing list