[PATCH] Use inline syscalls for non-cancellable versions

Chris Metcalf cmetcalf@ezchip.com
Sun May 24 15:27:00 GMT 2015


On 5/23/2015 10:21 PM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> On 05/21/2015 05:17 PM, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:
>> On issue I found for this patchset is it fails for tile (and it is the
>> only architecture I found that this warning shows) with:
>>
>> --
>>
>> malloc.c: In function ‘_int_free’:
>> ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/malloc-sysdep.h:51:35: error: ‘val’ may be used uninitialized in this function [-Werror=maybe-uninitialized]
>>      may_shrink_heap = n > 0 && val == '2';
>>                                     ^
>> ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/malloc-sysdep.h:49:9: note: ‘val’ was declared here
>>      char val;
>>
>> --
>>
>> It is due the fact 'read_not_cancel' now calls the INLINE_SYSCALL for the
>> architecture and so 'tile' version is triggering this issue for some reason
>> (I did not check exactly why, any tile expert could help me out here?).
>>
>> The straightforward fix would just initialize this variable, but this is
>> just clobbering tile potential issue.  Any recommendations?
> Ask Chris Metcalf for help? :-)

Sorry, it's been a crazy week.  I should be back and following libc-alpha again by early
next week.  I'll look at this over the long weekend if I get a chance!

-- 
Chris Metcalf, EZChip Semiconductor
http://www.ezchip.com



More information about the Libc-alpha mailing list