building GLIBC with -fsanitize=address

Mike Frysinger vapier@gentoo.org
Sat Mar 7 21:54:00 GMT 2015


On 03 Sep 2014 21:41, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> On 08/27/2014 07:08 PM, Konstantin Serebryany wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 3:45 PM, Roland McGrath wrote:
> >> Before getting into more details, I think we need to be clear on the vision
> >> of what you want to produce and how it would be used.
> > 
> > As long as I can link the resulting instrumented libc.so to binaries
> > and run them
> > either way works for me. The idea with reusing the -pg approach (which
> > I think came from Carlos?),
> > is nice because -pg has similar properties, i.e. we can not add -pg to
> > objects going to ld.so (right?).
> 
> Correct, which is why I recommended the -pg approach.

iiuc, the profile option creates a bunch of static libs with _p suffixes right ?  
so instead of -lc, you use -lc_p ?  i don't think that really works for asan.

crazy idea: what about pseudo hwcaps ?  that way you could have asan enabled 
shared libs in an asan/ subdir and the ldso would select them on the fly based 
on your main executable.
-mike
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 819 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
URL: <http://sourceware.org/pipermail/libc-alpha/attachments/20150307/506ed5df/attachment.sig>


More information about the Libc-alpha mailing list