Is Y2038-proofing in a glibc roadmap somewhere?

Albert ARIBAUD albert.aribaud@3adev.fr
Thu Jun 18 14:13:00 GMT 2015


Hi Szabolcs,

Le Thu, 18 Jun 2015 15:25:33 +0200, Szabolcs Nagy <nsz@port70.net> a
écrit :

> * Albert ARIBAUD <albert.aribaud@3adev.fr> [2015-06-18 15:08:35 +0200]:
> > 
> > I have read https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/HomePage especially
> > sections 5.9.1 (Project TODO) and 5.10 (Project Wishlist by Developer)
> > and found no indication that Y2038-proofing glibc was on any roadmap for
> > glibc. Is it really not, or did I just miss it?
> > 
> 
> because it is a kernel issue and glibc cannot do much until
> the problematic syscall abis can handle 64bit time_t
> 
> for current state of the linux kernel side see
> https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2015-05/msg00430.html
> http://lwn.net/Articles/643407/

Thanks -- I am already aware of Arnd Bergmann's patch series --
actually, I've discussed with him outside this list.

Of course one cannot make glibc y2038-proof before the kernel is, but I
was not asking if anyone was working on y2038 already, only if anyone
had any plans about working on y2038 in glibc once a suitable kernel
is available. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

So... Does anyone around know of any plans already for making glibc
y2038-proof? :)

Amicalement,
Albert.



More information about the Libc-alpha mailing list