How to build/test glibc with new gcc
Adhemerval Zanella
adhemerval.zanella@linaro.org
Fri Jul 17 19:31:00 GMT 2015
On 17-07-2015 16:23, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> On 07/17/2015 03:18 PM, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:
>>> Is that a problem with your sysroot setup then?
>>
>> Not really, back when I used to use this patch the idea was to no use
>> sysroot.
>
> There is no real technical reason not to use a sysroot?
>
> The sysroot is merely a chroot with all the things in it
> that you need. If you fail to complete the sysroot setup
> (which mind you is hard sometimes), then you get references
> outside the sysroot.
Yes, I recalled I though it was simple to just build the compiler
with the patch applied than setup a chroot. But it might not be
the case if you have the sysroot automatized (which I did not).
>
> Cheers,
> Carlos.
>
>
More information about the Libc-alpha
mailing list