sem_trywait changes broke sparc
Torvald Riegel
triegel@redhat.com
Mon Feb 2 09:29:00 GMT 2015
On Sun, 2015-02-01 at 23:24 -0800, David Miller wrote:
> From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos@redhat.com>
> Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 23:33:37 -0500
>
> > On 01/26/2015 06:08 PM, David Miller wrote:
> >> From: Torvald Riegel <triegel@redhat.com>
> >> Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 13:20:12 +0100
> >>
> >>> Regarding your statement that this was committed late: This patch was
> >>> first posted on Dec 5. While I didn't CC you explicitly (which I should
> >>> have done I guess), I pointed out the sparc issue in the email:
> >>
> >> During %90 of this time, the tree didn't even build for sparc. It
> >> finally was usable for a brief day or two until this change was
> >> installed. I didn't work on it, nor look into it, because it was
> >> simply not possible to test or work on anything during this time.
> >>
> >> And now I'm behind the eight ball again, because of changes installed
> >> by other people. Something has to break this cycle in order for me to
> >> be able to do useful work.
> >
> > That's my job (release manager for 2.21).
> >
> > I'm breaking the cycle by preventing more things going in.
> >
> > I'm also here to help and so is Torvald.
> >
> > Ask and we can help.
>
> The sparc semaphore issue should be resolved now.
Thanks Dave. I scanned through the patches you committed and they
looked good to me.
More information about the Libc-alpha
mailing list