[PATCH] Implement strlcat [BZ#178]

Paul Eggert eggert@cs.ucla.edu
Thu Dec 10 16:55:00 GMT 2015


On 12/04/2015 12:20 PM, Paul Eggert wrote:
> Or perhaps you'd rather not document _FORTIFY_SOURCE at all? I notice 
> it's mentioned nowhere in the manual; is that intended? If so, I can 
> further revise accordingly. 

No further comment, so I played it safe and removed mention of 
_FORTIFY_SOURCE before installing the cleanup patch to the 
string-function documentation. While I was at it I added a reference to 
GCC's new -fcheck-pointer-bounds option and a cross-reference to the GCC 
manual. These just-installed doc changes are independent of whether 
strlcpy+strlcat should be added. Although I still hope we don't add 
strlcpy+strlcat, a proposed doc patch for it is attached in case we do.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: 0001-Add-strlcpy-strlcat.patch
Type: text/x-patch
Size: 6681 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://sourceware.org/pipermail/libc-alpha/attachments/20151210/7bb42098/attachment.bin>


More information about the Libc-alpha mailing list