RFC: removing slow paths in various dbl-64 libm functions

Carlos O'Donell carlos@redhat.com
Thu Dec 3 03:01:00 GMT 2015

On 12/01/2015 07:41 PM, Joseph Myers wrote:
> I don't think timing oracle avoidance is a goal for libm functions (or for
> glibc functions in general, e.g. memcmp).

I agree that at present there are no goals regarding timing oracle avoidance.

Any discussions about timing oracle issues would be had in a new thread and
with clear guidelines discussed in order to attain community consensus.

The particular case of memcmp is certainly the most interesting, and Florian
and I have discussed it privately. A public discussion is welcome if someone
wants to start it.

Cheers,
Carlos.