[PING][PATCH][SPARC] supporting more than 2g in niagara4 memcpy and memset

Ondřej Bílka neleai@seznam.cz
Thu Nov 27 16:47:00 GMT 2014


David, could you say if this fix is ok?

On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 08:52:35AM +0100, Jose E. Marchesi wrote:
> 
> Hi David.
>     
>     Becuase you didn't tag the sparc32/sparcv9/multiarch/foo-niagara4.S
>     files with the proper defines, 32-bit sparcv9 multiarch builds will
>     use %xcc and BPR too, which we absolutely do not want.
> 
> Oops, I missed that.
>     
>     In the future if I don't see it mentioned that you tested 32-bit
>     targets, I'm going to ask you to resubmit after you have doen so.
>     
>     I've made the same polite request with your sparc binutils submissions
>     so it is very disappointing to see you fall into the same bad habit
>     with your GLIBC work.
> 
> Since I got your request I am testing everything in sparc-*-linux-*
> targets as well as sparc64-*-linux-*... but for this patch, which was
> written long ago.  Sorry about that :(



More information about the Libc-alpha mailing list