Misaligned stack on 32-bit s390?
Andreas Krebbel
krebbel@linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Nov 12 09:05:00 GMT 2014
On 11/12/2014 05:00 AM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> On 11/11/2014 09:54 AM, Andreas Krebbel wrote:
>> Would you like to continue working on it or should we try to take
>> over? (Stefan or myself)
>
> We can get it done. It would be great to have you review the final
> patch.
>
> Please note that the patch I posted is incomplete, it fails to
> readjust _dl_argv which is cached by the loader and needs to be
> changed if argv is moved. Simple fix though.
>
> I also don't know how long s390 lasted without this breaking
> something. I guess aligned stacks don't really matter all that
> much ;-)
The reason probably is that the broken alignment never reaches the executable. In _start.S we
correct the alignment again. So it really is only a problem for code executed between the argv
adjustments done by ld.so and the entry point of the executable.
-Andreas-
>
> Cheers,
> Carlos.
>
More information about the Libc-alpha
mailing list