[MTASCsft PATCH 09/??] MT-, AS- and AC-Safety docs: manual/errno.texi
Carlos O'Donell
carlos@redhat.com
Fri Jan 31 09:07:00 GMT 2014
On 01/30/2014 03:51 AM, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> On Jan 30, 2014, "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos@redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> On 01/24/2014 09:39 AM, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
>
>>> The other is the use of conditionals for safety remarks, such as
>>> /error_one_per_line in the documentation of error_at_line. I realize
>>> now that I have not documented the /condition syntax anywhere. I guess
>>> I should, somewhere in intro.texi, but where exactly? Suggestions?
>
>> I suggest removing the markup from the safety notes. Simplify the
>> markings to provide the bare minimum information required to decide
>> if it's safe or not.
>
> The point is that several functions are safe under certain conditions,
> and unsafe under others. The /!ps-marked functions in charset (that
> were already checked in) come to mind, but there are others whose safety
> depends on the underlying kernel, or on global variables (as in this
> file). I think this is useful information, so I'd rather keep it
> available to users.
We should not add things that we have not described in the introduction.
For example tcsendbreak has "race:brk(filedes)/bsd".
I know what `race' is, and I expected "race:fileds".
The "brk(...)" and "/bsd" are not described anywhere.
We can leave them in the source, but they should not show up unless we
have described them.
If another /foo has made it in, then that was my fault for not noticing
it in the review :-)
Cheers,
Carlos.
More information about the Libc-alpha
mailing list