[Patch] Fix ONE_DIRECTION undef warnings.
Carlos O'Donell
carlos@redhat.com
Wed Apr 30 18:05:00 GMT 2014
On 04/30/2014 01:57 PM, Steve Ellcey wrote:
> On Wed, 2014-04-30 at 13:42 -0400, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>
>> Steve, Please don't take my word for it, and if you think this entire
>> exercise is stupid please say so. However, I agree with Roland that there
>> is considerable value in fixing up these "macro as interface" issues to
>> the point where an undefined macro is an error. Particularly when it
>> comes to ABI issues that might go unnoticed like the Power 2.18 ABI
>> issue around librt which was fixed by accident.
>
> Frustrating and annoying but not stupid. If we could get there at zero
> cost I would have no issues with the direction we are going. My main
> problem is with the amount of change needed to get there and about
> whether anyone was actually working on the changes.
I signed up for it and right now I'm tackling FEATURE_INDEX_1 in x86,
which Roland had some comments about.
I think everyone is pitching in to help, and I'm trying to review the
changes with an eye towards fixing them correctly.
I admit the ugly warnings are there as incentive to fix the issue :-)
>> I agree that fixing this requires mechanical addition of defining
>> ONE_DIRECTION in each converter as part of the API contract with
>> using the skeleton.c file. This is core cleanup work that will bear
>> fruit!
>
> Yes, I think (hope) ONE_DIRECTION is the worst case scenario that we
> have.
See my other email where I acknowledge your general idea of a single
default header definition being potentially useful here now and in
the future.
Cheers,
Carlos.
More information about the Libc-alpha
mailing list