Support for i386 builds of glibc?
David Miller
davem@davemloft.net
Mon Mar 4 23:10:00 GMT 2013
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@codesourcery.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 23:03:11 +0000
> On Mon, 4 Mar 2013, David Miller wrote:
>
>> > I think "can't" is too strong a statement, signals are to userland what
>> > interrupts are to the kernel. The whole critical section could run with
>> > all signals blocked; if you wrote that the overhead might be prohibitive,
>> > then I would agree though.
>>
>> You can't mess with signal state in the lock handlers, think about
>> siglongjmp and friends.
>>
>> It's impossible even if you're willing to accept prohibitive cost.
>
> I don't believe it. Can you provide me with an example where a sequence
> like:
Yep, that would seemingly work.
Next, what if the manual cmpxchg faults and the signal handler
wants to take this lock to report the SIGSEGV to the user?
More information about the Libc-alpha
mailing list