[PATCH 08/14] Add manual for lock elision
Andi Kleen
andi@firstfloor.org
Fri Jun 28 17:31:00 GMT 2013
On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 01:12:31PM -0400, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> On 06/28/2013 10:50 AM, Andi Kleen wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 04:09:25AM -0400, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> >> On 06/28/2013 01:51 AM, Andi Kleen wrote:
> >>> From: Andi Kleen <ak@linux.intel.com>
> >>>
> >>> pthreads are not described in the documentation, but I decided to document
> >>> lock elision there at least.
> >>
> >> Can we please split this into two manual patches?
> >
> > No, the constants conflicts with the environment patches are already a
> > nightmare. If that's a requirement I'll rather remove most of the manual.
>
> I don't mind doing the work here.
The problem is I have to fix the conflicts with the environment
variable patch all the time, every time you make me change
something (and you make me change something all the time)
>
> If you want I can checkin a minimal documentation patch.
The state without the tuning interfaces should be on only
very temporary (a few days I hope). So it can survive without manual
I think.
I'll move the manual to after the tunables.
I'll add the spelling fixes.
-Andi
More information about the Libc-alpha
mailing list