Thread-local support for non-POD data objects

Carlos O'Donell carlos@redhat.com
Sat Jul 13 18:09:00 GMT 2013


On 07/12/2013 01:21 PM, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> hi,
> 
> There's an item on the glibc TODO master that mentions glibc support
> for non-POD objects.  I believe the glibc support required here is
> limited to providing support for registering destructors and executing
> them on thread exit.  This is true for C++11 thread_local as well as
> openmp thread local objects.  This feature has been provided in glibc
> for 2.18, so I believe we could remove this item from the list.  Does
> anybody have any objections to that?

Could you get clarification from Jakub that glibc's support is
everything that is needed for GCC PR/27557?

If the answer is yes then I'd say the todo list item is done
(I added the todo list in response to GCC PR/27557).

Cheers,
Carlos.



More information about the Libc-alpha mailing list