[PATCH] Support separate benchmark outputs

Ondřej Bílka neleai@seznam.cz
Fri Apr 19 16:49:00 GMT 2013


On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 09:30:17AM +0200, Richard Henderson wrote:
> On 2013-04-19 05:06, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> >I feel like I'm repeating myself, but I'm going to have a go one last
> >time.  I need feedback from the rest of the community as well on
> >whether we simply drop these tests or go ahead because this is turning
> >into a stalemate.
> 
> Ondrej, you're looking for something that isn't going to be possible
> with bundled tests. 
Could you elaborate?

> The rearrangement that Siddesh is proposing is a
> strict improvement over what we've got now.
> 
A patch has two part. First is separating outputs to which I raised no
objection. 

Second part is adding benchmark for memcpy. It is based on scientificaly
unsound methods and results from it will not be statisticaly
significant.

I will accept that patch without memcpy benchmark or with proper
benchmark.

Ondra



More information about the Libc-alpha mailing list