Question about madvise(DONTNEED) in glibc malloc

Carlos O'Donell carlos@redhat.com
Mon Apr 15 04:13:00 GMT 2013


On 04/14/2013 01:42 PM, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
>> In this week, we kernel MM folks plan to discuss on Linux MM summit
>> (http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/lsfmm-summit). then,
>> quick response is much appreciate even if not accuate.
> 
> Were any glibc developers invited? ;)

I figure that talking about this on the list is probably the fastest.

I happen to be in San Francisco for the Linux Foundation Collaboration
Summit, giving a talk on glibc, so if someone wants to have a face
to face talk about glibc on the 15th, 16th, or 17th, I'm happy to have it.

I agree with the points that Siddhesh has made here, that the results
are not conclusive. We are receptive to fixing things if people have
a good description of what's wrong :-)

Cheers,
Carlos.



More information about the Libc-alpha mailing list