[PATCH 0/N] test-suite improvement - PASS/FAIL: initial patch

Tomas Dohnalek tdohnale@redhat.com
Mon Sep 17 12:34:00 GMT 2012


Dne 17.9.2012 13:28, Joseph S. Myers napsal(a):
> On Sun, 16 Sep 2012, Tomas Dohnalek wrote:
>
>>> (An order-only prerequisite
>>>
>>> tests-collect-results: | tests xtests
>>>
>>> might do the job, I think.)
>> but this solution has disadvantage - if rule `tests' is made with errors, rule
>> `tests-collect-results' will not proceed. But I can't figure out any way out.
> Maybe
>
> check:
> 	-$(MAKE) tests
> 	$(tests-collect-results)
>
> where tests-collect-results is a variable (defined with define/endef) with
> the relevant commands in, used in all rules that need it?

Ok, but then the behaviour of running simple `make check' (no -k) will be changed, is that ok? I 
guess that it is probably desired to run the whole test-suite even when error occurs, but maybe 
someone has some objections?

-- 
Tomas Dohnalek
QE Tools Intern
Red Hat



More information about the Libc-alpha mailing list