[Patch][BZ 14583] Fix prototype of sigsetjmp in pthread.h

Jeff Law law@redhat.com
Fri Sep 14 18:11:00 GMT 2012


On 09/14/2012 12:03 PM, Roland McGrath wrote:
>> Shall I update setjmp/setjmp.h with appropriate line-wrapping as well?
>
> Sure, feel free.  I think it's in the "obvious" category.  That's the kind
> of thing that we don't usually try to be especially pro-active about when
> violations have snuck in at some time in the past.  We just don't let new
> errors go in with new changes.  But it never hurts to fix the old ones.
So, copying the setjmp/setjmp.h prototype into 
nptl/sysdeps/pthread/pthread.h doesn't work because we don't have a 
complete definition of struct __jmp_buf_tag in scope, leading to:

In file included from ../include/pthread.h:1:0,
                  from ../nptl/sysdeps/pthread/bits/libc-lock.h:23,
                  from gconv_db.c:28:
../nptl/sysdeps/pthread/pthread.h:727:46: error: array type has 
incomplete element type

We could go the other direction and use pointer notation in the 
prototype in setjmp/setjmp.h, I could dig around and find the 
appropriate header file for __jmp_buf_tag and include that in pthread.h 
or we could allow the prototypes to differ.

Any of the three is fine with me.

Thanks,
Jeff



More information about the Libc-alpha mailing list