musl - and menchmarking libc

Rich Felker dalias@aerifal.cx
Thu Sep 6 00:26:00 GMT 2012


On Wed, Sep 05, 2012 at 11:00:06AM -0400, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> On 9/5/2012 3:28 AM, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> > FYI: I just got pointed to musl - a smallish libc:
> > http://www.etalabs.net/musl/
> > 
> > It links to a comparison of libc versions and also to a benchmark:
> > http://www.etalabs.net/libc-bench.html
> > 
> > I didn't investigate further whether this is usefull but found it 
> > interesting enough to share,
> 
> Please put this on the wiki somewhere! :-)
> 
> e.g. http://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/benchmarking/benchmarks

The framework and measurements are nice, but the quality and diversity
of the tests performed leaves a lot to be desired. I wrote most of the
tests as a tool for evaluating code I was actively developing for
performance and efficiency, so I'd certainly like to go back and add a
lot more tests without that bias, with broad coverage of libc
features, or find somebody else interested in working on expanding it
in that direction.

Rich



More information about the Libc-alpha mailing list