More bug fixing needed
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com
Sat Sep 1 16:29:00 GMT 2012
On Sat, 1 Sep 2012, Allan McRae wrote:
> I just went through the bug tracker and there are 70+ bugs with proposed
> patches (not including the locale bugs). So I guess that is a good
> place to start...
>
> I have seen a few that I think are good to apply. What is the protocol
> to get these reviewed here? Should I just post them here with an added
> changelog entry if needed?
Essentially, yes. Make sure there's a copyright assignment (individual or
corporate) on file if the patch (or the totality of contributions from the
author) meets the threshold of significance for copyright purposes, add
ChangeLog entry and address any other issues from the contribution
checklist <http://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Contribution%20checklist> (for
example, coding style or copyright date updates), and post the patch here
for review. In any case, obviously make sure that you agree that the
reported bug is still present in the sources and that the patch in
question fixes it without causing any testsuite failures.
Sometimes you may end up with effectively two patches, if you add a
testcase where the original author didn't include one in their patch. In
such a case it may be best to commit each part separately with its own
ChangeLog entry and commit author (so making it clear that you wrote the
testcase and the other person wrote the possibly much smaller rest of the
patch).
If you see a patch that you *don't* think is good to apply, then comment
in the bug about what the issues are (and point out that fixed / updated
patches would best be submitted to libc-alpha (or libc-ports as
applicable) following the contribution checklist).
--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com
More information about the Libc-alpha
mailing list