[PATCH] vfprint: validate nargs and argument-based offsets

Kees Cook kees@outflux.net
Thu Feb 2 19:59:00 GMT 2012


On Thu, Feb 02, 2012 at 12:03:58PM -0600, Ryan S. Arnold wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 10:04 AM, Kees Cook <kees@outflux.net> wrote:
> > 2012-02-02  Kees Cook  <keescook@chromium.org>
> >
> >        * stdio-common/vfprintf.c (vfprintf): Checks for nargs overflow and
> >        validates argument-based array offsets.
> >        * stdio-common/tst-vfprintf-nargs.c: New file.
> >        * stdio-common/Makefile (tests): Add nargs overflow test.
> 
> Hi Kees, Thanks for the contribution.

Sure thing! Thanks for the reviews (and from Roland)!

> The addition of the tst-vfprintf-nargs file makes this contribution
> legally significant.  Please verify your FSF copyright-assignment
> status with your employer.

I've confirmed that this should be covered by Google.

> Does the 64-bit case blowing the stack may preclude the use of
> test-skeleton.c for the testcase?

Initially, I thought so, but after rechecking test-skeleton.c, I think it
can greatly simplify the test case.

I'll get new patches up shortly.

Thanks!

-Kees

-- 
Kees Cook                                            @outflux.net



More information about the Libc-alpha mailing list