[PATCH 3/4] Use pointers for traversing arrays in strstr, strcasestr and memmem.
Carlos O'Donell
carlos_odonell@mentor.com
Tue Aug 21 12:29:00 GMT 2012
On 8/20/2012 7:31 PM, Maxim Kuvyrkov wrote:
> On 17/08/2012, at 2:51 PM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>
>> On 5/30/2012 5:11 AM, Maxim Kuvyrkov wrote:
>>> [PATCH 3/4] Use pointers for traversing arrays in strstr, strcasestr and memmem.
>>>
> ...
>>> + const unsigned char *phaystack = &haystack[suffix];
>>> /* The comparison always starts from needle[suffix], so cache it
>>> and use an optimized first-character loop. */
>>> unsigned char needle_suffix = CANON_ELEMENT (needle[suffix]);
>>> @@ -282,23 +290,28 @@ two_way_short_needle (const unsigned char *haystack, size_t haystack_len,
>>> while (AVAILABLE1 (haystack, haystack_len, j, needle_len))
>>> {
>>> unsigned char a;
>>> + const unsigned char *pneedle;
>>
>> (1) Use a meaningful variable name please.
>
> Any suggestions? I think p<foo> is a fairly standard name for a pointer to <foo>. Do you think haystack_ptr and needle_ptr sound better?
I made a mistake here. I apologize. The use of `pneedle' is fine.
My gripe was actually with the use of `unsigned char a', which
was actually added by an earlier patch and I have already
commented on it.
Cheers,
Carlos.
--
Carlos O'Donell
Mentor Graphics / CodeSourcery
carlos_odonell@mentor.com
carlos@codesourcery.com
+1 (613) 963 1026
More information about the Libc-alpha
mailing list