[PATCH roland/eloop_threshold] don't use MAXSYMLINKS inside libc
Carlos O'Donell
carlos_odonell@mentor.com
Fri Aug 3 03:30:00 GMT 2012
On 8/2/2012 6:54 PM, Roland McGrath wrote:
> There was resounding silence after I buried Carlos in nuance in
> http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2012-08/msg00000.html
The nuance avalanche rescue team found me and have returned me to
the relative safety of my chair...
> As I mentioned there, this patch is on the roland/eloop_threshold branch.
> It eliminates the use of MAXSYMLINKS inside libc, without changing either
> its definition, SYMLOOP_MAX, or the result of sysconf (_SC_SYMLOOP_MAX).
> (It changes all those for Hurd, but I'm not seeking any feedback about that.)
>
> Unless someone objects in the next day or two, I'll put this in.
This looks good to me and doesn't touch MAXSYMLINKS, which was my
only real objection with the original discussion of "fixing" things.
> I do think that both the definition of MAXSYMLINKS and the result of
> sysconf (_SC_SYMLOOP_MAX) for Linux are wrong and should be changed.
> But that is a separate issue that can be argued later. (See the
> aforementioned message for the rationale.)
>
>
> Thanks,
> Roland
>
>
> 2012-08-02 Roland McGrath <roland@hack.frob.com>
>
> * sysdeps/mach/hurd/sys/param.h (MAXSYMLINKS): Macro removed.
> * sysdeps/mach/hurd/bits/local_lim.h (SYMLOOP_MAX): Macro removed.
> * sysdeps/mach/hurd/eloop-threshold.h: New file.
> * hurd/lookup-retry.c (__hurd_file_name_lookup_retry): Use
> __eloop_threshold instead of SYMLOOP_MAX.
>
> * sysdeps/generic/eloop-threshold.h: New file.
> * stdlib/canonicalize.c (__realpath): Use __eloop_threshold instead
> of MAXSYMLINKS.
> * elf/chroot_canon.c (chroot_canon): Likewise.
OK to me.
Cheers,
Carlos.
--
Carlos O'Donell
Mentor Graphics / CodeSourcery
carlos_odonell@mentor.com
carlos@codesourcery.com
+1 (613) 963 1026
More information about the Libc-alpha
mailing list