gcc vs. glibc bootstrapping of libgcc_eh.a

Mike Frysinger vapier@gentoo.org
Fri Nov 11 22:34:00 GMT 2011


On Friday 11 November 2011 16:27:18 Linas Vepstas wrote:
> Thanks Mike, silly me, it seems that crosstool_ng is exactly what I need!
> 
> Off-topic, but .. anyone have a clue about why my canadian-cross of
> gcc is picking up its own internal limits.h, instead of glibc's
> limits.h? Since gcc's limits.h doesn't have ‘SSIZE_MAX’ which
> gcc/config/host-linux.c wants.  I suppose I can just google the
> answer, can't I?

gcc is supposed to provide a limits.h.  but at the end of that file, it does:
	#include_next <limits.h>
this way you get both the gcc and the glibc defines.

what you're asking about is semi-common, but it's been so long since i solved 
that issue that i don't remember the answer off the top of my head.  i do know 
that crosstool-ng takes care of it for you ;).
-mike
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 836 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
URL: <http://sourceware.org/pipermail/libc-alpha/attachments/20111111/0417b503/attachment.sig>


More information about the Libc-alpha mailing list